What is the BIPM? part 1
The BIPM is...
- the international organization established by the Metre Convention, through which Member States act together on matters related to measurement science and measurement standards
- the home of the International System of Units (SI) and the international reference time scale (UTC).
Metrology for Clean Air: Launch of
on-line Knowledge Transfer Programme on the application of FT-IR for Gas Standard Characterization
The on-line programme was launched on 1 September 2021 and is designed to allow NMIs to establish and operate FT-IR capabilities within their own institutes for the value assignment and comparison of gas standards for air quality and emissions monitoring.
Reports and announcements
What is the BIPM? part 2
Our mission and objectives
The BIPM's vision is to be universally recognized as the world focus for the international system of measurement.
The BIPM's mission is to work with the National Metrology Institutes of its Member States, the Regional Metrology Organizations and strategic partners world-wide and to use its international and impartial status to promote and advance the global comparability of measurements for:
- Scientific discovery and innovation
- Industrial manufacturing and international trade
- Improving the quality of life and sustaining the global environment.