The CCQM is responsible for developing, improving and documenting the equivalence of national standards (certified reference materials and reference methods) for chemical and biological measurements. It advises the CIPM on matters related to chemical and biological measurements including advice on the BIPM scientific programme activities.
The responsibilities of the CCQM are:
- to establish global comparability of measurement results through promoting traceability to the SI, and where traceability to the SI is not yet feasible, to other internationally agreed references;
- to contribute to the establishment of a globally recognized system of national measurement standards, methods and facilities for chemical and biological measurements;
- to contribute to the implementation and maintenance of the CIPM MRA with respect to chemical and biological measurements;
- to review and advise the CIPM on the uncertainties of the BIPM's calibration and measurement services as published on the BIPM website;
- to act as a forum for the exchange of information about the research and measurement service delivery programmes and other technical activities of the CC members and observers, thereby creating new opportunities for collaboration.
List of meetings
Meetings and related documents
- From 04 to 08
CCQM Workshop BUTTON
news - TITLE h3
Launch of laboratory based on-line knowledge transfer programme on Metrology for Food Safety: Calibrators
The BIPM has launched its on-line knowledge transfer courses and studies on Metrology for Food Safety focusing on primary reference materials and calibration solution characterization. The first course covers ‘Quantification of Non-structurally Related Impurity Content in Organic Pure Materials’
Launch of Greenhouse Gas Scale Task Group: expanding accessibility to standards for CO2 atmospheric monitoring and emissions authentication
A Task Group for Greenhouse Gas Scale Comparisons has been established within the CCQM-GAWG with the goal of increasing global accessibility to standards for underpinning long-term monitoring and emissions authentication of CO2 in the atmosphere.
The new BIPM website
The BIPM is proud to present its new website, with an updated design and personalized content. Those entitled to access restricted documents will need to set up a personal password: click on SIGN IN in the header, then on Password forgotten and enter your email address as registered in the BIPM Meetings Office database.
National Measurement Institutes demonstrate high accuracy reference measurement system for SARS-CoV-2 testing
Twenty-one National Metrology Institutes and expert laboratories from sixteen countries have demonstrated that highly accurate measurements of the amount of the SARS-CoV-2 viral RNA can be achieved worldwide using reverse transcription-digital PCR (RT-dPCR). The comparison study (CCQM-P199.b) is organized by the CCQM Working Group on Nucleic Acid Analysis (CCQM-NAWG).