The BIPM is...
- the international organization established by the Metre Convention, through which Member States act together on matters related to measurement science and measurement standards
- the home of the International System of Units (SI) and the international reference time scale (UTC).
Launch of laboratory based on-line knowledge transfer programme on Metrology for Food Safety: Calibrators
The BIPM has launched its on-line knowledge transfer courses and studies on Metrology for Food Safety focusing on primary reference materials and calibration solution characterization. The first course covers ‘Quantification of Non-structurally Related Impurity Content in Organic Pure Materials’
What is the BIPM? part 2
Our mission and objectives
The BIPM's vision is to be universally recognized as the world focus for the international system of measurement.
The BIPM's mission is to work with the National Metrology Institutes of its Member States, the Regional Metrology Organizations and strategic partners world-wide and to use its international and impartial status to promote and advance the global comparability of measurements for:
- Scientific discovery and innovation
- Industrial manufacturing and international trade
- Improving the quality of life and sustaining the global environment.