What is the BIPM? part 1
The BIPM is...
- the international organization established by the Metre Convention in 1875, through which Member States act together on matters related to measurement science and measurement standards
- the home of the International System of Units (SI) and the international reference time scale (UTC).
Happy World Metrology Day 2023 !
The Consultative Committee for Amount of Substance: Metrology in Chemistry and Biology (CCQM) is happy to present a series of short recordings covering the importance of metrological traceability and equivalence of measurements in food safety, trade and authenticity.
Subscrite to e-News
Reports and announcements
What is the BIPM? part 2
Our mission and objectives
The BIPM's vision is to be universally recognized as the world focus for the international system of measurement.
The BIPM's mission is to work with the National Metrology Institutes of its Member States, the Regional Metrology Organizations and strategic partners world-wide and to use its international and impartial status to promote and advance the global comparability of measurements for:
- Scientific discovery and innovation
- Industrial manufacturing and international trade
- Improving the quality of life and sustaining the global environment.