The BIPM seeks to recruit for the following post:
- Post title: Meetings Officer
- Category: B7
- Type of contract: Full-time 2 year fixed-term contract appointment
- Location: Sèvres, (suburb of Paris), France
- for applications: 7 June 2023 (23h59 Paris Time)
Principal duties and responsibilities
This position is in the Meetings & Executive Service. Under the supervision of the Head of Service, the Meetings Officer is expected to perform tasks that require multi-tasking skills, adaptability, team spirit and proactivity.
- Draft and send out the convocation with the support of the Executive Secretary and the Supervisor.
- Develop online forms.
- Provide logistical support for meetings.
- Liaise with BIPM departments to coordinate their work on meetings (e.g., IT, workshop, technical officers, webmaster, security, etc.).
- Draft and circulate the internal agenda with meeting schedule and logistics.
- Publish working documents on the dedicated pages of the BIPM website.
- Configure audio and video settings for online and hybrid meetings on conferencing platforms (WebEx, Zoom, Teams, Zoom Room).
- Develop online forms for registration to meetings and other events.
- Manage the various logistical aspects of meetings (caterers, maître d'hôtel, photographers, etc.).
- Produce statistics on meeting attendance.
- Update the database that supports the BIPM intranet and website (front and back office).
- Handle train and flight tickets and hotel reservations.
- Assist with the issuing of visas for BIPM staff or meeting participants.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in conference and/or reception management.
- Experience of working in a multicultural or international environment.
- Education: Minimum 2 years of higher education (or equivalent).
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, website integration tools, databases.
- Good knowledge of online meeting tools, SharePoint, and video editing tools.
- English and French are the working languages of the BIPM. For this position, fluency in English and French, both spoken and written, is essential. Knowledge of another language is an asset.
- Teamwork and diplomacy.
- Organization and planning.
- Ability to work remotely (autonomy and proactivity).
- Result-oriented and customer-oriented.
Terms of Employment & Benefits
The BIPM is offering a two-year full-time fixed-term appointment for this position, with the possibility of renewal. The probationary period is three months, renewable once for a maximum period of three months.
The BIPM offers a gross annual salary, which will depend on the experience and qualifications of the selected person, of a minimum of
More information on the Benefits & General Conditions of Employment at the BIPM
The BIPM encourages applications from qualified candidates regardless of gender.
A full curriculum vitae (CV) and a covering letter (in French and in English) should be sent by 07.06.2023 (23h59 Paris time).
Applications should include the names of two referees who can comment on the applicant's suitability for the post (who will only be contacted with the prior permission of the candidate). Incomplete applications may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. They may be invited to take part in a distance written test and/or in a remote interview as part of the selection process. Thereafter, successful candidates will be invited to a face-to-face interview. The selection process may be modified.
The BIPM retains the discretion not to make any appointment to this vacancy, to make an appointment at a different grade, to make an appointment with a modified job description, or to offer a contract term for a shorter duration than the one indicated in this vacancy announcement.