Liaison: International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC)
Archive of historical statements
Links between the BIPM and ILAC
- A Joint CIPM/ILAC Working Group consisting of BIPM and ILAC members was established in view of the BIPM-ILAC MoU (Terms of reference of the Working Group). The group has produced a joint statement on the collaboration and roles of the two organizations;
- The BIPM interacts with ILAC at senior level through annual bilateral and multilateral meetings at the BIPM (with ISO and the OIML);
- The two organizations have mutual observer/liaison status at meetings;
- ILAC is one of the partners in INetQI;
- ILAC is a member of the JCGM;
- ILAC is a major partner in the JCTLM;
- The BIPM is an active participant in the ILAC Accreditation Committee (ILAC AIC) and particularly the AIC WG2;
- The BIPM organizes consultation with NMIs (via RMOs) on key ILAC documents;
- The BIPM and ILAC issue joint declarations and joint statements when appropriate.
ILAC is an international cooperation between the various laboratory accreditation schemes operated throughout the world. ILAC facilitates trade by promotion of the acceptance of accredited test and calibration results from more than 70 000 calibration and test laboratories worldwide.
The BIPM and ILAC cooperate to ensure efficient and effective dissemination of metrological traceability, particularly to the SI, and also address the special case of accredited national metrology laboratories.