Recommendation 2 of the 82nd CIPM (1993)
Timing of millisecond pulsars
The Comité International des Poids et Mesures,
- that the stability of the drift -corrected frequency of sorne millisecond pulsars is comparable to the stability of atomic frequency standards for averaging times longer than one year,
- that independent data from different pulsars may allow their combination to be used to provide a highly stable scale,
- that radioastronomy observatories already timing millisecond pulsars carry on regular observations and continue the search for new pulsars,
- that other observatories initiate programmes of observations for the timing of millisecond pulsars, aiming at a sub-microsecond measurement noise,
- that reports on the timing data and data reduction procedures be communicated to the Bureau International des Poids et Mesures noting that privacy of the data can be maintained if desired.