Search filter :
The CIPM accepted the minutes of the 107th meeting of the CIPM as a true record.
The CIPM noted the decision taken by correspondence on 14 August 2018 amending Regulation 8.2 of the BIPM Regulations, Rules and Instructions (RRI) to stipulate that the whole service under fixed-term appointments shall not exceed 5 years.
The CIPM elected Dr W. Louw as President of the CIPM by secret ballot.
The CIPM elected the following by secret ballot:
- Dr T. Usuda as Secretary of the CIPM;
- Prof. J. Ullrich and Dr J. Olthoff as Vice-Presidents of the CIPM.
The CIPM supported the establishment of a Joint Task Group at an operational level to further improve the cooperation between the BIPM and the International Organization of Legal Metrology (OIML), following the proposal made by the President of the International Committee of Legal Metrology (CIML). Dr T. Liew was appointed to act as CIPM liaison to the Task Group.
The CIPM thanked the members of the CIPM Task Group for Promotion of the SI and decided that it had successfully completed its tasks. It thanked the PR Expert Group and asked them to continue with their effective collaboration with the BIPM International Liaison and Communication Department and their coordination role with PR experts amongst National Metrology Institutes world wide.
The CIPM appointed Dr S.-R. Park as the President of the Consultative Committee for Amount of Substance: Metrology in Chemistry and Biology (CCQM) for a four year term.
The CIPM appointed Dr N. Dimarcq as the President of the Consultative Committee for Time and Frequency (CCTF) for a four year term.
The CIPM thanked the Presidents of the Consultative Committees for their work and their excellent reports to the 26th meeting of the CGPM. It decided to reappoint the Presidents of the following Consultative Committees for four year terms:
- Consultative Committee for Acoustics, Ultrasound and Vibration (CCAUV): Dr T. Usuda.
- Consultative Committee for Electricity and Magnetism (CCEM): Dr G. Rietveld.
- Consultative Committee for Length (CCL): Dr I. Castelazo.
- Consultative Committee for Mass and Related Quantities (CCM): Dr P. Richard.
- Consultative Committee for Photometry and Radiometry (CCPR): Dr M.L. Rastello.
- Consultative Committee for Ionizing Radiation (CCRI): Dr W. Louw.
- Consultative Committee for Thermometry (CCT): Dr Y. Duan.
- Consultative Committee for Units (CCU): Prof. J. Ullrich.
The CIPM appointed Dr A. Steele as the Chair of the Pension Fund Advisory Board (PFAB).
The CIPM appointed Dr T. Usuda as the Chair of the CIPM ad hoc Working Group on Conditions of Employment.
The CIPM appointed the following CIPM members to serve on the CIPM Sub Committees and ad hoc Working Groups:
- CIPM Sub-Committee on Finance: Dr M. Sené (Chair), Dr Y. Duan, Dr W. Louw,
- Dr P. Richard, Dr T. Usuda.
- Pension Fund Advisory Board (PFAB): Dr A. Steele (Chair), Dr M. Sené (Chair of the CIPM Sub-Committee on Finance), Dr T. Usuda.
- CIPM Sub-Committee on Strategy: Dr M. Milton (Chair), Dr D. del Campo Maldonado,
Dr T. Liew, Dr W. Louw, Prof. P. Neyezhmakov, Dr J. Olthoff, Dr M.L. Rastello,
Dr G. Rietveld, Dr A. Steele, Prof. J. Ullrich.
- CIPM ad hoc Working Group on Conditions of Employment: Dr T. Usuda (Chair),
Dr I. Castelazo, Dr M.L. Rastello, Dr P. Richard.
- CIPM Sub-Committee on Awards: Dr F. Bulygin (Chair), Dr T. Liew, Dr S.‑R. Park.
- CIPM ad hoc Working Group on the Reproducibility of Research Data and Related Topics:
Dr T. Liew (Chair), Dr F. Bulygin, Dr I. Castelazo, Dr H. Laiz, Dr M.L. Rastello, Dr M. Sené, Prof. J. Ullrich.
Following Decision CIPM/107-13, the CIPM confirmed the establishment of the CIPM Task Group on "unit" and asked the Chair to propose terms of reference to the next meeting of the CIPM that address the comments of CIPM members regarding the expansion of its scope. It appointed
The CIPM charged Dr T. Liew to draft terms of reference for the CIPM ad hoc Working Group on the Reproducibility of Research Data and Related Topics taking into account the comments of CIPM members regarding the expansion of the mandate and to present them to the next meeting of the CIPM.
The CIPM appointed Dr J. Olthoff to represent the CIPM at the Joint Committee of the Regional Metrology Organizations and the BIPM (JCRB) and asked the JCRB to amend document
The CIPM appointed Dr T. Liew to represent the CIPM at the Joint Committee for Traceability in Laboratory Medicine (JCTLM) and Dr S.‑R. Park as deputy.
The CIPM appointed Prof. P. Neyezhmakov to represent the CIPM at the Joint Committee for Guides in Metrology (JCGM).
The CIPM approved the revisions to the "Joint ILAC - CIPM Communication regarding the Accreditation of Calibration and Measurement Services of National Metrology Institutes".
In response to discussions held before the adoption of Resolution 3 "On the objectives of the BIPM" at the 26th meeting of the CGPM, the CIPM established a CIPM Task Group to propose terms of reference for a Working Group of Member State representatives. It appointed
It charged the Director of the BIPM to provide the Task Group with appropriate background information, in a concise format, as soon as possible.
It requested the Task Group:
- to identify the main issue(s),
- to determine if any of those issue(s) can be addressed by the CIPM,
- to propose terms of reference for a Working Group of Member State representatives - for agreement by the CIPM prior to circulation, and
- to establish a timeline consistent with the meeting of Member State representatives to be held in October 2019.
The CIPM welcomed the progress on the rationalization of the suite of CIPM MRA guidance documents and accepted the proposal from the JCRB that the JCRB should oversee their completion and implementation.