Terms of reference
The terms of reference of the CCT-WG-NCTh are to study and provide definitive advice to the CCT on issues related to thermal radiation and other approaches underlying non-contact temperature measurements.
WG-NCTh is tasked with:
- Review and report on measurements of T- T90 and associated fixed points by means of primary non-contact thermometry;
- Review research and application of non-contact thermometry primary thermometers to realise the kelvin;
- Review and advise CCT on research related to high-temperature fixed points;
- Provide appropriate input, including revisions, into the mise en pratique for the definition of the kelvin;
- Provide, where required, updates for a) the supplementary information and b) approximating techniques as regards the ITS-90;
- Support world-wide efforts in standardization of radiation thermometer and thermal imager testing and calibration;
- Develop appropriate uncertainty budgets for radiation thermometry;
- Recommend key comparisons relevant to WG-NCTh and to the CCT;
- Develop, when required, guidance for measurement best practice for secondary/novel non-contact thermometry techniques (e.g. phosphor, gold-cup thermometry, flame and plasma thermometry);
- Lead a key comparison of calibrators for body temperature thermometers (ear/forehead/thermal imagers);
- Work with appropriate standardisation bodies (e.g. ISO/IEC) concerned with producing standards for body temperature measurement devices.