Terms of reference
The objective of the CCT-WG-Env is to foster the scientific and technical collaboration among CCT members, associates and identified stakeholders, to promote a coherent and comprehensive approach on thermal metrology for environment.
- to identify research topics and needs in the field of thermal metrology for environment and to elaborate implementation plans;
- to coordinate and to complement the work of the CCT participants in metrology for climate and environment, supporting and acting for the development of standards, best practice, measurement and uncertainty evaluation methods;
- to liaise with relevant Institutions working in the field of environmental sciences, including international organizations, public and private research centers, universities, instrument manufacturers, environmental protection and hydro meteorological agencies;
- to disseminate expertise and knowledge on thermal metrology for environment through seminars and workshops, web based and software materials;
- to supervise the creation of a forum having the scope to involve participation within and outside the CCT members.