Terms of reference
At its meeting in September 2012 the CCL approved the following terms of reference for the
- To maintain links with the regional metrology organizations, seeking to ensure the involvement of member laboratories of the CCL in major comparisons in the field of length, thereby providing the means for assuring world-wide traceability and equivalence of length measurements at the highest levels of accuracy;
- To make recommendations to the CCL on the needs and priorities for additional international comparisons in length under the auspices of the CCL;
- To ensure the coordination of CCL and RMO key and supplementary comparisons;
- To approve the Length key comparison protocols and reports;
- To facilitate the inter-regional CMC Review Process, by:
- establishing and maintaining lists of service categories, and where necessary rules for the preparation of CMC entries;
- agreeing on detailed technical review criteria;
- coordinating and where possible conducting inter-regional reviews of CMCs submitted by RMOs for posting in Appendix C of the CIPM MRA;
- providing guidance on the range of CMCs supported by particular key and supplementary comparisons;
- identifying areas where additional key and supplementary comparisons are needed;
- monitoring the review of existing CMCs in the context of new results of key and supplementary comparisons;
- To report to the CCL.
The WG-MRA has the following sub groups and task group:
- a sub working group on key comparisons, sWG-KC;
- a sub working group on CMCs, sWG-CMC;
- a task group on KC linking, TG-L.
- The WG-MRA Chair is appointed by the CCL for a period of 4 years (renewable);
- Membership includes members of the sub working groups and task groups, and the moderators of the discussion groups;
- Full voting Members are nominated by the CCL, and non-voting members may be invited by the WG-MRA, through the Chair.