The 2019 "Metrology for Safe Food and Feed - Organic Analysis and Standards" Workshop, an activity undertaken as part of the "Metrology for Safe Food and Feed Programme" of the BIPM Capacity Building and Knowledge Transfer work programme.
The workshop is designed to provide participants with an overview of best practice for the provision at the national and regional level, and integration at the international level, of a harmonized system of higher-order measurement services and reference materials supporting and sustaining routine laboratory analytical services that monitor food safety and livestock, crop and plant health.
The targeted attendees are managerial and technical staff of analytical laboratories that currently provide or wish to develop and strengthen reference measurement services in food and feed analysis within the GULFMET stakeholder community. It will also be relevant to persons interested in the general development of activities in chemical metrology within the GULFMET.
- Workshop documents:
- metrology in chemistry and the role of the BIPM, CCQM, RMOs and NMIs
- production and use of Certified Reference Materials (CRMs) and primary calibrators to support the reliability and comparability of routine food analysis
- measurement infrastructure that supports reference measurement services
- the role of reference measurement services in ensuring individual laboratory compliance with relevant international accreditation standards (ISO 17025, ISO 17034 and ISO 17043)
- case studies of the production and application of CRMs and of the provision of reference measurements to underpin analytical services for:
- nutrient and trace metal content
- pesticides and drug residues
- mycotoxin contamination
- food supplements and adulterants
- Workshop speakers:
- John WARREN (LGC Ltd - United Kingdom)
- Byungjo KIM (KRISS - Korea)
- Alper İşleyen (TÜBİTAK UME - Turkey)
- Steven WESTWOOD (BIPM)
- Ralf JOSEPHS (BIPM)
- Dates and venue:
4-6 November 2019, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
The Workshop is sponsored by GULFMET