copyright info - fr
Terms and Conditions of Use of the BIPM’s website
The use of the website https://www.bipm.org, or any of their pages (hereinafter "Website"), as well as any BIPM content, information or documents, whether digital, print or in any other format (collectively “Materials”), is governed by the following Terms and Conditions:
- The BIPM administers this Website and endeavors to update it on a regular basis.
- The BIPM applies an open access policy and therefore the information presented herein is for informative purposes only. The BIPM maintains this Website to enhance public access to information about its activities, initiatives and publications to those who may choose to access it (hereinafter “Users”).
- Unless otherwise stated, the Material available on the Website is protected by copyright. To this end, the BIPM has adopted the IGO Creative Commons licenses – Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 IGO — CC BY 3.0 IGO – which is one of the existing copyright licensing systems that give the public the right to re-use a work as freely as possible, provided the User gives appropriate credit to the BIPM and to the original source of the Materials.
- As a result, content may be adapted, translated, copied, printed and downloaded for private study, research and teaching purposes, and for use in commercial and non-commercial products or services, provided that appropriate acknowledgement of the BIPM and its source is given and that the BIPM's endorsement of Users' views, products or services is not stated or implied in any way.
- The Website contains Material submitted by third parties. They are responsible for verifying and securing the appropriate copyright permissions before providing the Material, including indicating that such Material is subject to copyright restrictions, where applicable. Users are expected to adhere to the terms and conditions defined by the copyright's holder.
- Organization's name, emblem and logo
- The BIPM name, acronym and logo are legally protected and are the exclusive property of the BIPM. Unauthorized use is prohibited. A User may neither represent nor imply that the BIPM has participated in, approved, endorsed or otherwise supported his or her use or reproduction of the Material. The User may not claim any affiliation with the BIPM.
- Users wishing to use the BIPM name, acronym, logo or other identifying symbol in a way that implies endorsement, partnership or authorship, must obtain the BIPM's written permission and agreement.
- The Materials as well as any other information accessible through this Website is provided on an “as-is” and "as available" basis. Users shall hold the BIPM free and harmless in connection with its use. The Materials available in this Website may be hyperlinked to external sites over which the BIPM has no control and for which the BIPM assumes no responsibility. The BIPM provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply the endorsement of the linked website by the BIPM.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials on this Website are not those of the BIPM.
- Neither the BIPM, nor any of its staff members or employees, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom.
- As a condition of use of this Website, the User agrees to indemnify the BIPM from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of the User’s use of this Website, including, without limitation, any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by the User of these Terms and Conditions. If the User is dissatisfied with any Material on this Website or with any of its Terms and Conditions of Use, the User’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Website.
- Additional restrictions and/or conditions may apply to Materials within this Website. The User is responsible for verifying whether some of the content of the Materials is owned by third parties, and if so, the User should secure the appropriate permissions from these third parties before using such content. In case of doubt, the User should contact the BIPM.
- The BIPM reserves the right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Website or any Materials in any respect. The BIPM shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith.
- The BIPM reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any User access to this Website or any portion thereof without notice.
- Privacy Notice
- By accessing this Website, certain information, such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses, navigation behavior through the Website, the software used and the time spent, along with other similar information, may be stored on BIPM servers to ensure the effective functioning of the Site and provision of services. The information may be used internally for Website traffic analysis or for statistical purposes and will not be published or distributed to third parties. The BIPM, however, assumes no responsibility for the security of this information.
- Privileges and immunities
- Nothing herein shall be construed as a waiver, either express or implied, of any of the privileges and immunities accorded to the BIPM or its staff.
- For any queries about the BIPM Website or Materials please contact the Webmaster.