What is the BIPM? part 1
The BIPM is...
- the international organization established by the Metre Convention, through which Member States act together on matters related to measurement science and measurement standards
- the home of the International System of Units (SI) and the international reference time scale (UTC).
CIPM bureau election results: President, Secretary and Vice-Presidents
The CIPM is pleased to announce that Dr Wynand Louw and Dr Takashi Usuda have been elected as President and Secretary for another four-year term. Dr Philippe Richard and Dr James Olthoff have been elected as Vice-Presidents.
Reports and announcements
What is the BIPM? part 2
Our mission and objectives
The BIPM's vision is to be universally recognized as the world focus for the international system of measurement.
The BIPM's mission is to work with the National Metrology Institutes of its Member States, the Regional Metrology Organizations and strategic partners world-wide and to use its international and impartial status to promote and advance the global comparability of measurements for:
- Scientific discovery and innovation
- Industrial manufacturing and international trade
- Improving the quality of life and sustaining the global environment.
*. The time displayed here is for demonstration purposes only. If you need an official reference please contact a Time Dissemination Service.