What is the BIPM? part 1
The BIPM is...
- the international organization established by the Metre Convention, through which Member States act together on matters related to measurement science and measurement standards
- the home of the International System of Units (SI) and the international reference time scale (UTC).
Octad of standards for qNMR purity measurements
Publication of the benzoic acid reference document, together with seven others, provides guidance for the use of a universal suite of eight higher order SI-traceable primary standards, the Octad, for the purity assignment of organic compounds using qNMR in any solvent.
Reports and announcements
What is the BIPM? part 2
Our mission and objectives
The BIPM's vision is to be universally recognized as the world focus for the international system of measurement.
The BIPM's mission is to work with the National Metrology Institutes of its Member States, the Regional Metrology Organizations and strategic partners world-wide and to use its international and impartial status to promote and advance the global comparability of measurements for:
- Scientific discovery and innovation
- Industrial manufacturing and international trade
- Improving the quality of life and sustaining the global environment.
*. The time displayed here is for demonstration purposes only. If you need an official reference please contact a Time Dissemination Service.