The 40th meeting of the JCRB took place on 13 and 14 March 2019|
at Sèvres, France.
The terms of reference of the JCRB are defined in Appendix E of the CIPM MRA, which charges the Joint Committee with:
- coordinating the activities among the RMOs in establishing confidence for the recognition of calibration and measurement certificates, according to the terms of the CIPM Mutual Recognition Arrangement (CIPM MRA);
- making policy suggestions to the RMOs and to the CIPM on the operation of the CIPM MRA;
- analysing the application by each RMO of the criteria of the CIPM MRA;
- analysing and entering into Appendix C the proposals of each RMO in respect of the calibration and measurement capabilities of their member NMIs and reporting to the CIPM;
- facilitating appropriate inter-regional supplementary comparisons;
- writing an annual report on the activities of the Joint Committee to the CIPM and to the signatories of the CIPM MRA.