List of meetings
Meetings and related documents
The principal task of the CIPM is to promote world-wide uniformity in units of measurement and it does this by direct action or by submitting draft resolutions to the General Conference.
Duties of the CIPM include the responsibility to:
- discuss the work of the BIPM under the delegated authority of the CGPM;
- issue an Annual Report on the administrative and financial position of the BIPM to the governments of the States Parties to the Metre Convention;
- discuss metrological work that Member States decide to do in common, and set up and coordinate activities between specialists in metrology;
- make appropriate Recommendations;
- commission reports in preparation for meetings of the CGPM, for example the Blevin and Kaarls reports, and others such as the SI Brochure.
The CIPM is made up of eighteen individuals, each of a different nationality. The presidents of the Consultative Committees are appointed by, and are normally members of, the CIPM.
The CIPM meets every year (since 2011 in two sessions per year) and, among other matters, discusses reports presented to it by its Consultative Committees. Reports of the meetings of the CGPM, the CIPM, and all the Consultative Committees, are published by the BIPM.
IEC and ILAC sign the Joint Statement of Intent "On the digital transformation in the international scientific and quality infrastructure"
The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) and the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) signed the Joint Statement of Intent on 24 and 31 May 2022, respectively