Terms of reference
The objectives of the CCTF WG-ALGO are:
- to promote and support the development and improvement of the mathematical algorithms for the treatment of Time and Frequency measures used to establish a time scale, to characterize clock behaviour, or to any other applications that may arise;
- to help the dissemination of the developed algorithms and tools for allowing their correct use in Time and Frequency metrology;
- to support the modernization and the improvement, whenever necessary, of the TAI algorithm,
- to assist developing or new laboratories in the correct understanding and implementation of the Time and Frequency algorithms;
- to support the correct understanding and application of time algorithms also in other fields (e.g. navigation, telecommunication) where they may be necessary;
- to establish temporary ad hoc study groups to analyse some specific problems, whenever necessary; these study groups should report to the working group;
- to organize the "Time Scale Algorithm Symposium" as a means to support the scientific community to identify new needs, to devise, develop, and disseminate algorithms.
- a. representatives of the laboratories contributing to TAI with expertise or interest in algorithms;
- b. the individual responsible for TAI at the BIPM;
- c. the members of the BIPM Time Department devoted to the TAI algorithm, one of them acting as the WG secretary;
- d. members of other organizations or institutions interested in developing and using time algorithms.
See the names of the members
Interested persons are encouraged to follow the activities as observers, receiving WG meeting
reports and other information. Please contact the WG Chair or Secretary.