The CIPM ad hoc Working Group on Conditions of Employment (WG-CoE) will advise the CIPM on the conditions of employment of the BIPM staff within the following remits:
- to develop recommendations regarding the employment package so as to ensure that the BIPM continues to be able to attract and retain highly qualified staff whose renumberation and related benefits are consistent with those of comoparable organizations.
- to oversee a review of the BIPM renumberation package (basic salary, allowances and benefits), in comparison to those offered in various employment markets, namely: other international organizations based in France and other western European countries, such as the European Space Agency (ESA), WMO, WHO, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN) and the European Commission; some major national metrology institutes, including LNE.
The ad hoc group will take account of (inter alia):
- net salaries as well as comparative gross salaries, and should take into consideration their tax-free status as well as purchasing power parity and relevant cost of living indices.
- the BIPM salary structure, including mechanisms for increments related to state of professional development and seniority.
- all elements of the employment package, including: pension and health insurance benefits; relocation, housing and other allowances and benefits; scientific freedom and opportunities for international impact and any elements of the BIPM Rules, Regulations and Instructions considered relevant.