Terms of reference:
Considering Recommendations 1 and 2 of the ad hoc Working Group, the CIPM Sub-Committee for Strategy will advise and support the CIPM by:
- Developing a compact and clear statement of the Vision/Mission/Objectives (VMO) of the BIPM, reinterpreted for the 21st century (and based on the text reaffirmed by the ad hoc Working Group).
- Developing a planning process including criteria for selecting and assessing projects for the BIPM work programme in order to:
- Review existing projects and coordination activities against the criteria;
- Review the proposed new work programme against the criteria;
- The criteria should include (inter alia):
- Is the BIPM uniquely placed to undertake the work?
- Are they complementary to the activities of the NMIs?
- Is it most cost effective for the work to be undertaken by the BIPM?
- What are the risks associated with the work being done at the BIPM?
- Does the BIPM have the necessary resources?
- Does it have the support of NMIs from Member States?
- If the work were not done by the BIPM, would it need to be done by an NMI?
- Identifying and reporting on long-term challenges in metrology, both independently, based on input from the NMIs and based on the CC Strategic Plans mindful of maintaining complementarity with the
Prioritize potential future project areas most appropriate for the BIPM work programme based on the strategic plan.
Review the current CC structure, considering (inter alia)
- Is it the most appropriate to meet long-term needs?
- Is there sufficient interaction/collaboration between existing CCs?
- Is there sufficient interaction with other International bodies?
- Reviewing the operation of the CIPM-MRA and develop proposals for its future operation.
- Dr Dolores Del Campo
- Dr Thomas Liew
- Dr Wynand Louw
- Prof. Pavel Neyezhmakov
- Dr James K. Olthoff
- Dr Maria Luisa Rastello
- Dr Gerrit Rietveld
- Dr Alan Steele
- Prof. Joachim Ullrich