In order for the global metrology system to continue to improve, whilst underpinning its long-term sustainability, it is necessary to operate the technical framework - the CIPM MRA - as effectively as possible. This can be achieved by optimal use of the KCDB tools.
These online short courses from the BIPM are usually delivered in consultation with a particular RMO. They will offer you the skills to use of the KCDB tools for creation of CMCs, operation of the review process and piloting of comparisons, effectively.
On completion of this course, you will have:
- improved understanding of the KCDB tools which will help you to create and submit CMCs for review 'right first time'
- the necessary competences which will enable you to effectively operate the CMC review processes
- refreshed your knowledge on the CIPM MRA requirements
Is this course for you?
The content is designed to deliver appropriate information for the staff of NMIs/DIs who submit CMCs, who are RMO TC/WG Chairs and TC/WG members who operate the review process, those who act as reviewers, and those piloting comparisons.
PARTICIPATION IS OPEN ONLY FOR THOSE WHO DIRECTLY PARTICIPATE IN THE CIPM MRA.
DOWNLOAD CONTENT of MODULES
- MODULE 1: Introduction to KCDB 2.0 and User accounts
- MODULE 2: Creation of CMCs
- MODULE 3: CMC review (not for submitters)
- MODULE 4: Comparisons
- MODULE 5: KCDB search facilities and statistics
Modules are selected accordingly and can be tailored. Individual programme can be developed to include RMO specific elements.
- REGISTRATION: Courses will primarily be communicated by the relevant RMO and dedicated registration process will be run accordingly.
- LENGTH: 1 to 3 days
- EFFORT: 2-3 hours per day
- LANGUAGE: English